Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 908-369-5362
SAT Smart Strategies
What is Covered
"Ivy League Tutoring Experts Since 1995"
Your SAT Smart coach will personalize your instruction, based on your strengths and weaknesses, to help you reach your goal of getting your very best score and increasing your chances of getting accepted into the college of your dreams! Our instructors scored at the very top of the nation on their SAT and ACT exams, and are graduates of America’s most elite universities and colleges. They know the strategies and tactics of these all-important exams, and will insure that you are academically and mentally prepared to reach your potential. SAT Smart has helped thousands of local students to dramatically increase their scores and not only get accepted to their top choice colleges, but also receive the scholarship money that is awarded to high scoring students.
In addition to PSAT, SAT and ACT exam tutoring, we also offer personalized,
one-on-one tutoring for Subject Tests, AP Exams, and all high school subjects.
SAT Smart Strategies
Susan Alaimo has developed specific strategies over the past 25 years that have greatly helped students prepare for the PSAT, SAT, ACT, Subject Tests, AP Exams and all high school courses. You can view a sample to the right of the strategies taught throughout SAT Smart courses and private tutoring.
The unique qualities of SAT Smart's PSAT, SAT, and ACT tutoring include:
• The utilization of College Board and ACT Inc. materials, preparing students for their PSAT, SAT and ACT exams using materials that mirror exactly what they will face on the actual test.
• Emphasis on understanding the test. SAT Smart students know, word for word, the directions for each test section, as well as the formulas that are included at the start of each SAT Math section. This familiarity provides students with several extra minutes on each section that would otherwise be spent on figuring out the rules!
• Unique Critical Reading strategies are taught that will not only substantially increase a student’s test scores, but also provide a model for successful textbook reading and note-taking in college courses.
• Math review is provided, focusing on the problem-solving format of the SAT exam. Students also learn how to navigate the “open-ended” questions. Likewise, students preparing for the ACT learn how to best tackle the more straightforward, but often challenging, test questions.
• The techniques for writing a high-scoring essay are detailed. Students are encouraged to do this "optional" section as it is required for acceptance to many colleges and universities.
• Students are instilled with a confidence that they can, and will, be successful. SAT Smart students have sometimes earned a perfect score on the SAT, but have always worked hard to achieve their potential and have been proud of their accomplishments!
*Tutoring hours do not expire, but are non-refundable
Price & Dates